Cards will need a lot of help tonight. Let’s get into it.
- Jaylen Smith on the first play fumbles it. Not a good start at all.
- Cards got lucky to only let a field goal up after the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. I actually like the two strikes rule with that penalty.
- Staples drops a sure touchdown. Bad start for the receivers overall.
- The “get hype” videos for the defense are the worst thing the media team has done this year. It’s not the players fault either. They didn’t need it, and the music sounds like it’s being played through a paper towel roll.
- Defense getting gashed by the running game early. Getting pressure on the QB when they pass though.
- Well, Pittsburgh just screwed our playoff hopes I think.
- Lamar getting no time to operate in the pocket. O Line looks like shit.
- Just heard the phrase “NC State is gonna beat Clemson”. Louisville fans are special.
- Kelsey turns the tide of the momentum with the fumble recovery.
- Offense finally started to roll before the Radcliff fumble. Wake takes over and drives the ball down the field for another field goal. 9-0 Wake and we’re in trouble.
- Lamar has a huge run and fumbles. I’ve never seen such poor ball handling by a team. It’s amazing honestly.
- 12-0 Wake. Cards need to WAKE up. I know, poor effort.
- Cards finish the half with a solid drive that stalls in the red zone. I don’t understand why our red zone play calling has been so awful. Weird passes and bad running play have ruined several drives this season.
- At least we get some points. 12-3 at the half.
- Awful pass interference call against Jaire starts the second half. Defense finally gets a punt though.
- Huge read option give to Radcliff changes the complexion of the game and the Cards down 12-10 now with plenty of time.
- Great call by the coaching staff going back to the read option after the touchdown. Defense bit on Radcliff and Lamar got a huge gain.
- WE KNOW ITS NOT INTENTIONAL GROUNDING! WE KNOW!
- And terrible job by the coaching staff not passing on 3rd and 10. Missed field goal to boot.
- I think the conference on the intentional grounding was the other ref saying “If you don’t reverse this, we aren’t getting out of here”.
- Wake coach, what a dick. Challenging an intentional grounding, which you can’t do. These refs are awful. #ACCAnarchy
- Radcliff was a man possessed on the touchdown drive. Ran strong, angry and mean. Cards take the lead 16-12 after the failed 2 point conversion.
- Again, D’Angelo Brown is one of, if not the, most underrated player we have.
- Your special teams captain, DeVante Peete ladies and gentlemen.
- Nasty hit, but definitely not targeting. Just an awkward play.
- Radcliff with his third score and now we’re rolling. Finally looking competent. Good thing other top teams aren’t playing well either.
- Defense starting to exert its will over their O Line. Passing situations leading to tons of sacks.
- Lamar broke a tackle from the same guy twice on one play.
- Ronald Walker with the pick 6 to officially seal it. Right as USC extends its lead against Washington and Iowa takes the lead against Michigan. Poetic.
- Cards finish it off with a nice Malik Williams TD. 44-12 final.
A strong performance in the second half to clinch it. Lamar finishes with 298 total yards and 1 touchdown. Off night for him. The MVP has to go to either the entire defense or Brandon Radcliff, who had 141 yards and 3 touchdowns. Great team win for sure.
Side note: Washington got knocked off by USC and Michigan lost to Iowa. If you’re into that sort of thing.
Houston, you’re next.